3.13.2014

Left Coast Artisan Burgers @ Itaewon

by Matt Dela Peña

Not Chris.

After three consecutive weeks of never-ending meals from our dorm cafeteria, my friends and I were finally overdue for an American burger fix. Luckily, a few days back, we made a new friend from the States who also happen to be a part of the previous batch of ISA students. His name is Chris from almost-the-Bay Area Tracy, California.

According to Chris, there's a fairly new burger joint in Itaewon called Left Coast Artisan Burgers; owned and operated by folks from San Francisco. That was all we needed to hear really, so the following weekend, we went with Chris to go check this place out for ourselves.

Classic. 12,000원.

Like all foreign food in Seoul, the burgers here are straight up pricey. I decided to play it safe and ordered Classic which was not-too-easy-on-the-wallet 12,000원 ($12). But despite the price, the burger was pretty good and actually tasted like one from back home. The fries, however, could have been less soggy and I think the mac salad is for Korean patrons.

Considering all factors, I thought the meal I had was decent but it was not something I would drop over ten bucks for. And after sampling what my friends ordered, I have to say that there are definitely better things on the menu than the Classic. One that I would definitely recommend is the John Wayne.

Left Coast Cookie. 10,000원 medium size.

For dessert, we all shared a soft-baked pizookie. Officially dubbed Left Coast Cookie, I think it in itself would be the only reason for me to come back here. For some reason, I have yet to find warm, soft chocolate chip cookies elsewhere in Seoul. Likewise, pizookies are God's gift to the world, period.

Ultimately, if you're ever craving a burger while you're in Seoul, this place is definitely worth a shot. Definitely come for the pizookie.

Address: 서울특별시 용산구 이태원동 130-43 2층
How to get there:  Line 6  Itaewon Station • Exit 4 • From the station exit, make a left U-turn and turn right at the intersection. Keep walking and it will be on your right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment.